I hope you are eating many fresh vegetables each day. When you eat fruit, you will want to eat it alone, either for breakfast, or as a snack in between meals. For your fruit meals, add fresh coconut, because it is an appetite suppressant. The trick is that it has to be fresh coconut, not packaged.
Here’s what you do:
- Purchase a fresh coconut
- Puncture one of the smaller round circles and pour out the milk (The coconut milk contains vitamins and minerals, so you can use it for another dish)
- Place the entire coconut in a preheated 450-degree oven for 4 or 5 minutes
- Carefully remove it from the oven and place it on a hard surface, such as a cutting board
- Cover it with a soft kitchen towel and hit it with a hammer until it cracks (Some people prefer to do this outside)
- Separate the meat from the shell
Enjoy the coconut chunks with your fruit meals or for breakfast and you will find that you’re just not as hungry afterwards!
Store the peeled coconut chunks in a jar in the refrigerator, covered with filtered water.
This information comes from Jack Soltanoff’s 1988 book titled, Natural Healing, The Total Health and Nutritional Program, at page 102, Warner Books.